Blog Journal 1

     Hi, My name is Lizzie and I'm a Sophomore studying special education at Florida State University. My hobbies include lifting weights, playing tennis, and adventuring with my friends. I love animals, specifically dogs, and I have two myself. I love country music and will never say to to karaoke or just dance. 

    I have limited experience using technology in an educational setting. I have grown up surrounded by technology which makes me capable of using it educationally. I have created PowerPoint presentations and interactive games on google slides as a learning assistant which gave me a decent amount of experience. I have also observed teachers and professors create interactive games in an educational setting which gives me inspiration for the future. 

    I am still grasping the concept of a Personal Learning Network. I believe that my biggest resources will be Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and in person interactions. I know a lot of teachers love using Twitter to gather ideas for lessons but I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Twitter. I believe Pinterest will be a great tool to use when it comes to trying to find activities that are out of the box. 




                                                
"Tennis Court in dark and light green and line marking" by Soft Surfaces Ltd is licensed under CC BY 2.0.


Comments

  1. Hi Lizzie! I agree with your ideas on your PLN as a future educator. In my previous classroom experience, Pinterest has been the site I have used the most for a variety of topics. For example, lesson plans, printable handouts, and classroom decoration ideas are abundant on Pinterest. I have also noticed a lot of my professors using Twitter, but it is definitely something I am not proficient in either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment