Blog Post 8

 The web design assignment taught me a lot about how to efficiently create a teacher website. I learned what the websites should include as well as how to make it look pretty in the process. I used a lot of proximity throughout my website which I think makes it easier to read. I also kept very limited white space throughout my website so I didn't distract the reader. I really loved every part of this assignment as I feel it will come in handy as a teacher. 

https://lizzieconnoreme2040.weebly.com/

So far, working with Diigo I have learned a decent bit. I learned how to annotate websites and share with the class which I find useful. I think I can use Diigo as part of my PLL in the future. I believe it can be useful in the classroom mostly between teachers as it allows for you to share resources as well as highlighting key points within those resources. 

I think it is crucial for teachers to be up to date on technology. We are tasked with the job of passing on our knowledge for generations to come, and if we aren't up to date with technology that makes it harder. Knowing what is out there as an educator allows for professional development and growth. In my experience as a student, I learned about a lot of technology programs from my teachers that I still use to this day. I believe that if we continue these trends it allows for teachers to develop professionally and it allows students to grow their knowledge at the same time.

https://www.thinkific.com/blog/educational-technology-trends/#:~:text=The%20key%20Edtech%20trends%20in,experiences%20tailored%20to%20social%20media.



Comments

  1. Hello lizzie. I really liked your use of repetition in fonts and colors. It created a simple, but aesthetic feel. I also liked the proximity of everything. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie! I loved the simplistic design of your website! I also appreciated your alignment in terms of formatting with your writing and the repetition of fonts and colors. These aspects and many more allowed your website to be easy to follow and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lizzie! I think you did a great job using the CRAP principles. I think you did an especially good job using contrast with your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzie! I like your use of contrast, it makes your site very eye-catching. I like your font choices and use of spacing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment