Blog Journal 3

 Copyright and fair use are two very important concepts in our digital world. People often times don't realize they can't just take images or ideas off of the internet without crediting the author or publisher of the source. To me, copyright is the legal right one has to their work. Fair use is when you are allowed to use someone's work without having to give them credit. As a teacher I will emphasize to my students how important it is to respect copyright and understand fair use and I will teach my students how to properly cite their images and work. 

    I am a big believer that technology decreases student productivity. We are so distracted by social media and online games that decrease our attention spans in turn making us more productive. To increase productivity I would install blockers on my student's computers that wouldn't allow them to browse websites that aren't school related. I also believe that cyberbullying is more prevalent now then ever before. People are able to make all of the comments that they want behind a screen that they wouldn't dare say to someone's face. I am not sure of a solid solution to decrease cyberbullying but I would make a point to my students that words can hurt and that you should treat others the way you want to be treated. 

After working on the newsletter assignment, I learned how to move images correctly on a word document, how to format my document to look like a newsletter, and how to attach hyperlinks. In the future I will use more design elements in my newsletter to make it more appealing to the eye. In my future career as a special education teacher I can make monthly newsletters to keep parents informed. Once I start my career as a BCBA I can use newsletters to keep my clients updated on different treatments and therapy options. 




Comments