Blog Journal 4

     The standard I wanted to talk about is SC.K2.CS-CP.1.2. This standard says that students will be able to collect and manipulate data using a variety of computing methods. Basically, in simple terms, this standard wants students to be able to sort, average, and total data. I feel very prepared to implement this standard with my students. I work for my mom who is an accountant and a lot of my job requires me to manipulate data. I believe my extensive experience will allow me to successfully teach my students.

    The resources I will use from CPALMS is one about comparing observations using bar graphs par 1. This tool says that students will interpret data as bar graphs and compare observations made by different groups. I feel as if this goes hand in hand with my standard from the first paragraph as it will allow be to combine manipulating data and creating charts with it. I would use this resource in my classroom because in our ever so technological world, being able to create visual representations of data is important. 

    I believe it is important to be proficient in internet searching as a teacher because your students look to you as a role model. As a teacher, you must be able to navigate the internet and make sure you're only using material that you're allowed to share. I think moving forward, one of the biggest skills I'll use is sorting images by their copyright ability. The only tool I can think of that I've used that we haven't talked about is using the function ctrl + F to search within a website. 

Comments